Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Gatsby.. Glitzy.. Gorgeous!

I think everyone was eagerly anticipating the arrival of Baz Luhrmann's interpretation of The Great Gatsby and who wouldn't? Not for Leo (we obviously love you) but for the style in general. I've found a few sites that are channelling the Gatsby trend which then led me to start drooling over evening and party dresses. These are some of my personal favs from Little Black Dress' website which you can see more of here but the range of evening dresses that they provide is unreal. I normally just look at the standard high street shops when trying to find a nice evening/party dress (for a wedding or special occasion) but I definitely need to explore what's just a key stroke away a LOT more! Then you don't have to worry about rubbing shoulders with someone in the same outfit! Literally cannot stop oogling at all the glitz and sparkle. I definitely could do with some of that in my life right now. 
I actually attended a wedding a few years ago and purchased the shorter version of this Gorgeous Couture Bailey Maxi Dress which you can check out here. I then saw Millie wearing it in the early days of Made in Chelsea! So obvs I knew I had made a wise choice seeing as she had it (happy dance.) I do love maxi dresses but as I'm only 5ft 2 they are always too long for me so I either need to have them taken up or wear massive heels! I must say, I do adore the shorter version of this dress but after seeing Millie in it I wanted the maxi version. Sigh.
Just, oh. So much glitter and sparkle. I've got quite a few weddings coming up soon and I just think it's so much more fun to add a bit of glitz in there to mix things up a bit. Not saying you have to go 100% flapper style, but just a hint is always nice. I'm not really a girly girl so much in my everyday style but when it comes to special occasions then I do like to make an effort but in my own way, as I'm sure everyone does! So these are just a few of my favs from Little Black Dress' website - which I'm so glad I discovered! They stock a HUGE range of brands which I hadn't heard of before but will now be checking out their collections ASAP! What's your fav? Apologies for the lack of outfit posts (again) but I should be back on form soon. I hope. Xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh those last 3 dresses are gorgeous I love the middle one! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I LOVE it so much!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great picks :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh so in love with that coral maxi. Thanks for sharing.
    Krissie Pearls of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one shoulder dress!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx