Monday, 24 June 2013

#DieselFestivalLife

Hello lovelies! Soooo this is exciting. Diesel are running THE most amazing competition ever, which I just knew instantly I had to get involved with. You know how much I love a festival inspired outfit. So what could possibly be better when the competition involved styling an outfit from the gorgeous Monica Beatrice of The Elgin Avenue's Festival Capsule Collection? With the chance to actually go to a festival - specifically Calvi on the Rocks in Corsica!! Waaa *screams inside* So, I put my festival hat on (metaphorically, of course it just had to rain on the day of my mission, boo) and headed to the Diesel store on Carnaby Street.
When I first saw Monica's collection - I was spoilt for choice! I didn't know what to do with so many amazing pieces to choose from - the pressure was seriously getting to me as I frantically flicked through the rails. However, when I saw these babies I knew instantly what kind of look I was going for. I chose this stunning dip-dye dress. I have a massive place in my heart for ombre, reminds me of the perfect sunset and LOOK, it matches my hair too!! I decided to team the dress with a super soft denim shirt. 
I did feel slightly self conscious and embarrassed snapping myself in such an open space with potential customers thinking "what the...?" Then I remembered the prize, had mild heart palpitations and thought: let's do this thiiiing. The sales assistant in the store was so sweet as well so in the end I wasn't afraid to snap myself in front of her. As you can see from the above photo, the dress is midi length, but me being the shorty that I am, decided to tie the rope belt around my waist and hike it up a bit. Which, I think is perfect for a hot festival. But also, makes the dress quite versatile so you can wear it in more ways than one. The dress was also destined for a pairing with my silver head chain. Ombre, arm party, head chain, oh my!
I decided to team the dress with my moccasin boots as they're perfect for festivals being so light (literally like slippers) so they would be ideal for bouncing around at a festival. However, I do occasionally like to rock a bad gal ensemble and these Diesel boots epitomise everything rock n' roll so would give the dress a bit of an edge.
The dress is definitely cute enough to wear solo with no accessories cramping its style, but..you know me. Had to throw on my favourite necklaces seeing as this was a styling challenge after all.
The dress would be my day look and then in the evening, throw on a denim shirt and away you go! I think the most important thing when thinking about festival styling is ultimately comfort (and style obviously.) The material of this shirt makes it so light and airy. I hate denim that is quite tough but this shirt glides over your skin and is so soft. I don't know why I didn't put my bag on, it lay sprawled across the changing room floor. Sigh. But to complete the outfit my fringed bag which I wore here, would finish off this little number perfectly. As I walked out of the store, I wanted to cry knowing that this outfit wasn't packaged neatly in a bag coming home with me (violins out please) BUT pay day is this week... that dress will be MINE! Hurrah!
Well, there you have it guys! Head on down to the Diesel stores in Carnaby Street, Bluewater, Westfield and Covent Garden to see more of Monica's fabulous Capsule Collection, she's chosen some awesome pieces. This would be such an amazing prize to win, especially for me, so I wouldn't have to keep creating my festival inspired outfits in my living room; music blaring, cider in hand, crying inside whilst staring out my window. I could experience the real thing (it's been a while!!) I hope you like my entry, would love to hear what you think. FINGERS CROSSED! Much love xxx

9 comments:

  1. You look amazing, dear! It's been a while since I last visited your blog. :)

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks love. I know, sorry for lack of posting! I have been swamped recently but everything has lightened up now so should be back on form :D xxx

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous as usual !! Good luck hope you win :)

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those brown boots x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun look!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair..

    Read my new blogpost about bloglovin and follow me back on bloglovin and not on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jo,
    I'm taking the freedom of leaving you a comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today's fashion luxury brands, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, it would help me a lot :)
    Here is the link of my survey: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2WNTNCY
    Thank you very much!

    Lou ♥
    Ps:That Tye and dye dress looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx