Sunday, 14 April 2013

Review: Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes

Hey guys! I know I say this all the time, but apologies for the lack of posts of late, I can't even use the excuse that I've been busy because I haven't really, seeing as it's half term and therefore I have had two weeks of doing absolutely nada. I needed these two weeks just to revitalise and relax. So, anyway, I guess I'm getting slightly better - two posts in one week, aren't you lucky! My blog is mainly fashion and personal style based, but I thought I would mix it up occasionally with a bit of beauty. I'm not really good with make up, however, after my little trip to the Hairspray and Lipstick event (post to follow) I definitely need to make more of an effort with my make up. But I think I may add a few posts now again on beauty products/nails of the day etc as well as my outfit of the day style posts. Anyway, here is a little review of the Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes.
Purity Made Simple is an award winning cleanser that is designed to gently cleanse, tone and get rid of all traces of face and eye make up in one simple step. The cleanser promises to remove dirt and oil to deeply cleanse the pores whilst hydrating the skin at the same time even on the most sensitive skin types due to the natural oil extracts which help to condition the skin.
At Christmas, my boyfriend got me the Kiehls ultra facial oil free cleanser and toner which I have being using every day up until I decided to try this one out.
The cleanser comes in an easy to use squeeze tube bottle and you only really need to use a pea sized amount for your whole face. I was expecting a burst of vanilla as soon as I opened the bottle, however, the smell is slightly herbal which was actually really inviting and not too overpowering. 

Instructions: massage into lightly damp skin for around 30-60 seconds, rinse and then pat dry.

After using the cleanser, I did find that it didn't foam up a lot compared to the Kiehls products that I have been using and was a little disappointed that it didn't remove all of my eye make up. I still had to use eye make up remover after to get rid of the panda eyes! However, saying that, it did leave my skin feeling really smooth and not dry at all. After using the Kiehls cleanser, I normally have to tone and moisturise right away as it leaves my skin feeling tight and extremely dry around the cheek area, but the Purity Made Simple cleanser did not have that effect which I am really pleased with! I have been using it every day since I got it and my face generally feels a lot fresher. I normally get really bad spots around my chin area and blemishes on my cheeks but after using this, they have calmed down a lot due to the cleanser actually deeply removing all the dirt from my pores. 
I definitely recommend giving it a try as it does leave your skin feeling really soft and has had excellent reviews on their website. You can purchase the 220ml bottle here for £17.50, which is a little pricey but it is around the same price as the Kiehls products I have been using and both do an excellent job. Alternatively, you can try out a 90ml bottle of the normal one step 3-in-1 cleanser for £8.00 here. However, this is not the foaming gel product featured in this review.

Anyway, would love to hear if anyone else out there has tried this and what their thoughts are, leave a comment and let me know :) xxx

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the detailed review! I haven't tried it yet. I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower. I'd appreciate if you could stop by our blog whether you follow back or not :) We're also having a jewelry giveaway right now! x x

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Giveaway! Win D'Curio Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have tried a small sample size of one of their products before and loved it, so defiantly thinking about going out and grabbing one of these soon

    Boy In Brogues
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post! Love your blog by the way! you have a new stalker!!

    SSSx
    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx