Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Hairspray and Lipstick Event

Leggings - Topshop
Boots - Jeffrey Campbell Coltrane
Jacket - Topshop Boutique
Necklaces - Forever 21
Myself and the gorgeous Hollie
Hellooooo, so I mentioned in my previous post that I would be letting you guys know about the Hairspray and Lipstick open day event that I went to last week. It was such a fun day, and despite going by myself, I met some amazing people who literally made my day and who I cannot wait to see again! First off, the gorgeous Sophie from MadPR who invited me along for the day and Hollie who just cracked me up the whole day. The event was held in the iconic Holborn studios which was so cool and they had been shooting some BAFTA stuff there too (how exciting!) After having a wander around the other studios I was hoping to bump into some celebs but unfortunately, no joy this time. However, I will be venturing up there on a regular basis now I know it is a celebrity hot spot (you look out for me now Sophie!) So jealous of all the people she gets to meet.
I met the lovely Soraya Isaacs, the director of Hairspray and Lipstick Academy and who has also done make-up for Eva Longoria (wow!) She talked to me about what the academy offers in terms of make-up courses, it all sounded very exciting. They offer a variety of courses which you can check out here if you have an interest in taking a make-up course/becoming a make-up artist. I seriously may reconsider my career path now. They offer a range of different courses including creative fashion and photographic make-up. As well as this, they also organise glam teams for events from red carpet to A-List parties or from a corporate dinner to face painting at large events. 
I decided to have my make-up done and was so pleased! I haven't actually ever had my make-up professionally done before (I know, right?!) and just wanted some tips on the smokey eye effect. They did an amazing job and will now try to be as experimental with it as I can!
All in all, I had such a good time, and definitely enjoyed the free champagne which I drunk quite a lot of! Thanks to Sophie and the Hairspray and Lipstick team for a great day and for the goodies too.
Oh, so I'm a little bit obsessed with this song right now so thought I'd try and spread the love. It's pretty much going to be a 90's summer so let's get in the mood now! Peace xx

9 comments:

  1. lovely hair!

    www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is amazing!

    Lottie x

    http://lottiekerr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can agree with those two, your hair is goooorgeous! Love your blog :)

    http://vanilla-fairytales.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you had so much fun! Your hair looks gorgeous btw!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a great event and everyone looks lovely!


    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!! I've nominated you for the Versatile blogger award, you should check it out! :)
    Taya xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was there too, pitty we didn't get to meet and chat! Also loved the event, was so lovely there!

    Lorna xx

    studsanddreams.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx