Sunday, 10 February 2013

Welcome to my crib...

Union Jack pillow and floral double sided printed comforter from Debenhams. 
Very proud of my wall frames in the bedroom. The butterfly picture I made with a butterfly cutter, cutting out random bits from magazines. The frames I got from a variety of charity shops.
Artifical flowers in the bedroom.
Book case from Ikea.
I think you can see me in this picture. Ooops. 
My Sunday project.
Hey guys, apologies (again) for the lack of posting. I thought I'd try something different for a change and also let you see a little bit of me in a different light I guess you could say. Obviously, I will still be doing outfit posts (when I actually get around to doing them) and I have another massive haul to show you all as well so will do that this week. Sooo anyway, welcome to my crib! Or, 'our' crib should I say, seeing as my boyfriend and I live together. I've been getting so fed up of our living room that this weekend I decided to have a bit of a change around. I also like to have projects to do a lot of the time to keep my mind occupied and love feeling proud and elated at the achievement of creating something new or simply having the strength to move a book case around. Billy can be very particular, and I don't blame him as I tend to make things maybe that little bit too girly (in the bedroom anyway) so I wasn't surprised when he was a bit sceptical about letting me loose around the living room. However, it's just so difficult finding the balance between trying to make things look nice without being too feminine if you know what I mean? So, I thought as I'm showing you parts of the living room, I may as well show you the bedroom as well. Anyway, I decided to colour code our books and DVDs to start with - it was difficult splitting up all my series (boo) but it had to be done. Probably impractical now I won't be able to find what I want in a hurry but hey. The bookcase which the TV is on used to be in the corner and it was getting a little annoying it not being directly in front of the sofa so it had to be moved. That's all I have done really in the living room. The first three pictures are of the bedroom and the rest is the living room. Now to think of some more projects to keep my busy. I'll post my haul soon!! Mwah x

10 comments:

  1. This really is a beautiful space! I love the shelving unit, you've somehow managed to make it not look cluttered even though it's full of interesting things. I adore your assorted picture frames too, amazing :)

    www.dusterknuckles.blogspot.co.uk | I'm Having A Celine Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cool gaff, colour coded books is genius!!! Nice post! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place looks so cosy and pretty! I love the details, like the photo frames and the fairy lights on the mantle piece!
    Bemsy x
    http://redheadtalkin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cosy and quirky home, love the little details :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have got a really beautiful home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, i love everything about your home! so comfy and yet stylish! super cool. xo j. von Stereo|typically Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your place! Love love love xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fire place! So pretty. Love the collections of things. The photos on the wall are lovely.
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx