Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Review: The Sanctuary Spa Products

So ladies, here's a review for ya. A variety of products from The Sanctuary Spa, the UK'S most loved spa.  I thought I would give them a go and after a long and stressful week - these products have definitely helped to relax me and give me that 'spa' feeling without the need to leave the house.  This Gift box is available from their website, here, and is a bargain at £16. Definite value for money.
Beautiful packaging. The perfect Christmas gift.
This ex-foliating sea salt scrub definitely did what it says on the tin. Unlike some of the salt scrubs I use that often leave my skin feeling quite dry, this one left my skin feeling incredibly polished and perfectly nourished due to the almond oil it contains.  It doesn't melt away too quickly as well, giving your skin a good old scrub, which is why it leaves you feeling very moisturised. However, it may not be suitable for sensitive skin.  I would say one sachet was enough for around five applications, but then again, it depends on how much you want to use each time. 
I don't normally use body butter, I can often be really lazy when it comes to taking care of my skin, but this award-winning body butter was the perfect finish after a good scrub with the sea salt.  The smell is also not overpowering either which is what you need. The last thing you want is to come out of the bathroom smelling like you've just used a whole bottle of perfume.  I love the 'spa' like smell with hints of coconut.  I don't get to go to spas much (in fact, I've been...oh wait, never) but these products definitely give you the essence of luxury.
This luxury bath float will give you clouds of bubbles with a sensual oriental fragrance. I don't know about you, but I don't really think about the 'moisturising' element when buying bubble bath. I just want the bubbles! And a nice scent. Maybe that's why I come out of the bath and there's not so much as a hint of fragrance because I'm not thinking about the products I'm buying. So, maybe I should actually rethink my 'bathing' strategy from now on.  After using the bath float, I got the bubbles and the scent, but left feeling much more relaxed. There's something about oriental fragrance that just instantly relaxes you. Not to mention how smooth and silky my skin felt afterwards. Normally, Mr Bubblebath tends to leave me feeling a little bit dry.
So I don't really tend to use body scrubs, and after using the sea salt scrub the other day, I was a bit hesitant to use this however, it is really gentle and not as harsh as the salt scrub.   All of the products have the same scent really, apart from the body butter: the sensual oriental fragrance. Beautiful.
This was probably my favourite product out of the little box of treasures. This body wash cleanses and revitalises your skin due to the little moisturising bubbles that are bursting with jocoba oil.  I really did feel like I'd just been to the spa after using this.  When applying, I was suddenly transported to a far away place.  You know how scents can suddenly bring back memories? This certainly gave me that relaxing holiday feel of lying the beach.  It's weird. And no I don't mean it smells of sun tan cream. It's much more luxurious than that.  With the blend of essential oils and spices your skin is left feeling fresh and nourished. Check out The Sanctuary Spa's website, here.

2 comments:

  1. Packaging is adorable, and I love "spa" products :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. all the products look luscious and divine! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx