Saturday, 24 November 2012

Pop Couture Event

Loving Ellanora's tartan trousers!!
So this is what I got in my goody bag!! How generous!! Necklace, earrings and a crop top!! (I ate the other sweets on the journey home!)
Jacket - Vintage (eBay)
Dress - Motel Rocks
Shoes - Office
Necklace - Topshop
This was the dress I chose - lush! Can't wait to get it!!
I was lucky enough to get to go to the Pop Couture event on Thursday night at the swanky Neo bar in Barbican. I literally feel a little bit like Hannah Montana this week: teacher by day, blogger by night. I have never been so tired! However, it has definitely been worth it! When we arrived at the bar (after losing my oyster card, only to find it lying on the ground, pheeeeew) we were handed tags which we were to tag an item from the new collection which will be sent it us! Yay! I chose the maxi skull print stretch dress. It pretty much had my name all over it, but it was not an easy decision, what with all the amazing pieces in the collection. The tartan and baroque prints to name but a few: I was in heaven. All items are also so reasonably priced. I must say, I'm getting a bit fed up of Topshop (can't believe I'm saying that considering they have literally stocked my whole wardrobe) but I just can't afford their prices any more! This is definitely where I will be shopping from now on - when I actually have some pennies to spend! 
It was such an intimate event as well, I got to meet some really lovely bloggers! The lovely Julie managed to race there in time, and it was also lovely to see Joanna and Desriee again who I met at the Motel event. I feel as if I'm beginning to grow in confidence now going to these events. At first, I felt really self conscious about what I wore and how people would react, but after realising I have nothing to worry about because everyone is so friendly, I'm beginning to come out of my shell more and just relax! So I built up the confidence and started chatting to other bloggers: Vanese, Shekinah, Ally, Milly (who thankfully met me before the event so I wasn't alone!) ChanelLauren, Jem, Ellie, Laurenella - such good people!
I hope you luuuurve the collection as much as I do! Visit their website here. I'll be sure to post outfit pics when I receive my dress!! OH and it's my birthday tomorrow (actually now it's 12:15 it's technically my birthday!!) YAY!! 26. God I feel old. Let's not talk about that any more. Night lovelies xxx

10 comments:

  1. oooooh wow I am just literally drooling over the clothes. looks like you had fun, lovely post.

    xo

    http://abullettothehead.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tartan shirt is lovely. I have a similar one from lavish alice, and i love it! It looks like you had lots of fun, lucky girly! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. was sooooo lovely to meet you, can't wait to see you in your new dress lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fun! And of I love that bustier! :D

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was SO nice to meet you, will hopefully see you around at an event again soon! Loved the dress you picked and can't wait to see the outfit post! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress you picked is sooo nice!! Looks like a good night :-)

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a fab time lovely! Jealous of you London bloggers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great pieces and great goody bag!!!! Love the dress you choose also! will be chekcing them out. Im your newest follower x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skull dress is amazing! beautiful pictures :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx