Monday, 26 November 2012

Live While We're Young

Literally have the best boyfriend ever. So spoiled.
Necklace and bracelet from Urban Outfitters.
Ha. I absolutely love this!
My lovely friends treated me to a big fat chocolate cake. Mmmm. Nom nom.
Dress - Motel Rocks
Crop Top - c/o Pop Couture
Necklace - c/o Pop Couture
Jacket - Goldie London
Shoes - Office
So I got TWO Jo Nesbo books from Billy's parents(I'm such an avid reader and have read the whole series - apart from these two, obvs) that I can't wait to start! Also some euros for my New Year Helsinki trip!! 
PING - Restaurant and Bar, Earls Court, London.
Soooo I celebrated my birthday on Saturday. Another year older! Not liking how close to 30 I am getting now. NO. Must not look at it that way. Despite the weather being completely against me that day, miserable rainy day, I still had THE best time ever. I was literally showered with gifts from my lovely boyfriend - he went a bit mad this year (which is always a good thing.) My mum is obviously back home in Edinburgh (I am originally from there, can't remember if I told you that?) but when she came down to visit, she bought me some lovely new UGGS for my trip to Helsinki for New Year. So snuggly. I also decided to do something a bit different to celebrate so booked a booth at PING in Earls Court, a restaurant and bar where you can play ping pong, beer pong AND dance the night away. What more could you ask for? We indulged in some serious American Style Pizza (mine literally looked like Home Alone's 'plain cheese' and it was all 'just for me' too! Fat pig. Ha.) It really was so reasonably priced as well, I will definitely be going back there! Anyway, during the day I didn't really do much. It took me an hour to do my hair! I used my Lee Stafford curling chopstick that I got in my goody bag from the Motel Rocks event and went a bit mad with it!! My hair is very long and I took one strand, wrapped it around the chopstick and ended up with a pig's tail. I tell you no lie. I was tempted to do my whole hair like that - afro style - but decided against it. One day maybe :) Anyway, I will post an OOTD style post soon!!

29 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous Jo! Glad you had a lovely birthday and that blogging book looks so good!P.s: loving the Peppa Pig wrapping paper. ;)

    Vanese
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had an amazing birthday, looks like you got lots of goodies! And how fab are the curlers, just blogged my hair too. I love Edinburgh, I didn't know you were from there, I'm half Scottish so I go up almost every year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gifts! I'm glad you had a fun day! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so nice, love how big it is! Hope you had a ncie birthday. I turned 26 this year and hating the fact that the big 30 is looming lol! So I know your pain! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a had a great day. Love your hair, its so pretty x

    Lola xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this all looks amazing :) glad you had a lovely day!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birthday twin, yay! Gorgeous puctures, sounds like you got some lovely presents :)

    I'm your newest follower ! Xx

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. best friends best boyfriend best style. yep. awesome life indeed lol

    http://butimnotajournalist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday Hun! Your hair looks PHENOMENAL! Xx
    Snwears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated birthday:) Those shoes are beautiful! Lucky girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post. Also a massive Nesbo fan and v jealous of your Helsinki trip. Oh and I'm closer to the 27 now which as they say back up north "gies me the boak" ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah man I loveee the pop couture stuff! And the leather jacket! And the shoes (ie. everything ha!). Looks / sounds like you had a fab time :) playing ping pong and drinking sounds pretty fin - can't lie haha!

    Robyn Mayday

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey 30 is not so bad lol - Enjooy. I'm your 270th follower!

    Colleen

    http://forcailini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your birthday outfit! hope you had a good one :) x

    http://monster-diaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fell in love with those shoes! Think i might check out pop couture now. Followed!
    http://amaechi-nwafor.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday lovey :) and what cute presents, came and found your blog through twitter and just realised I was had all the way back to September :P
    Iona xx
    ionablogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday :) Your hair looks amazing and you got so many awesome presents - the jacket and boots, I love! I feel the same about the 30 thing sometimes, like oh my... I'm 5 years from 30, scary! Ha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not gonna lie, I thought you were the same age as me (18)! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I LOVE Ping too! Such a great idea for a restaurant!
    Joelle
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy B'day!! Seems you have great moments!
    Lovely blog you have, I'm following you now!

    xoxo
    STYLE TRACES
    ST FACEBOOK PAGE


    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy B'day dear :)
    I'm following you now *.*

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi :) Very nice your blog! Love it! If You want You can go to my blog see if you like ;)
    Maybe we can follow each other :) What do you think?! :)
    Xoxo

    Miss Butterflyyy
    Miss Butterflyyy Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love that dress and the jacket on you... looks tots amazing !! those events you attended looks amazeballs ... wish i did go too xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love love your jewellery from Urban Outfitters! Want x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated birthday!!! You look stunning! Love your curly hair ;) Xx

    www.itchyedgy.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoohoo presents :D

    http://turn-it-insideout.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE ping pong!! That looks like a cool joint. That book (in the third picture) looks like a good read, where did you find that? Love this post, lotsa good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - he got it from Urban Outfitters :) they have loads of fashion books but incredibly over priced x

      Delete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx