Tuesday, 24 April 2012

I want to ride my bicycle...

Denim Shorts - Vintage Levis
Vest - Topshop
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Bikini Top - Topshop
Flip Flops - Havianas
Bike - Raleigh Caprice
Well, seeing as summer is fast approaching (where has this year even gone?) I thought I would do a post about my lovely bicycle. Kelly. Sadly, she is shut up in my boyfriend's parents' garage as we have no space for her in the flat since moving and we no longer have our own garden. Boo. But, I will need to bring her home VERY soon. I was looking for a nice town bike last year and saw these babies on gumtree, but as the saying goes: if you're not fast, you're last! So I missed out on them so many times. Stuff just goes too quickly on that site. 

I went in to my local (at the time) second hand bike shop and asked if they would ever get the Caprice bike in. Again, I was told they go so quickly. Two days later on my walk home from work, what do I see? AAAAAH. I went straight in there and was pretty much lost for words. All I could muster was "is that...is that?!" They knew what I was talking about. "Yes it is. *cheeky grin*" So, after a few days of polishing her up, new tyres, new chain, new grips - she was mine. AND, what was even more amazing was that it was a lovely birthday gift from my lovely boyfriend <3 All I had to do was remember how to ride a bike (did I mention I broke my arms 3 times for bike related accidents?) Warning: never think you're cool cycling with no hands. You will crash into a lamp-post and fall off. And die (not really.) 

13 comments:

  1. i know this will sound pretty random but thats a good looking bike xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not random at all. She's hot! Ha xx

      Delete
  2. what a cute bike! i love it. so vintage/retro

    xx


    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bike is amaze! xx

    http://snwears.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love that bike, I have been wanting one for ages but they can be so expensive even when covered in rust... how much did you pay?

    cynnieblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have put the price really shouldn't I, doh! It was only £90 which I thought was pretty good!! X

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! We are your newest followers! Yay! I love Kelly, I want a Kelly, looking chic and great exercise, what a great combo!

    Sarah & Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. when has it been warm enough for you to wear a bikini top and flip flops lately?! i want what weather you got girl!! x

    www.treasuredress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your beautiful words. They really make my day <3
Jo xxx